Source Naturals® SAMe is a stable, bioavailable form of S-adenosyl-L-methionine. These tablets are enteric coated and blister packed to prevent breakdown and inactivation of the ingredients.
Dozens of clinical studies have demonstrated that SAMe supports joint comfort, function and mobility in the spine, hips and knees. It is important to the joints because of its critical role in cartilage formation. SAMe helps to form proteoglycans, which are used to renew the matrix of cartilage.
The studies also show that SAMe helps support a positive outlook. It is able to cross the blood-brain barrier, where it affects the synthesis and activation of various proteins, such as neurotransmitters. SAMe also plays a role in transmethylation. Transmethylation reactions affect the synthesis, activation, and metabolism of various biological molecules. Some compounds that SAMe methylates are phospholipids. This is a fundamental step in the mediation of cell to cell communication.
SAMe is present in every living cell in the body and plays an important part in many critical cellular functions. However, levels of SAMe tend to decline with age.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- If you are pregnant, may become pregnant, breastfeeding or are taking antidepressant medication, consult your physician before using this product.
- Use this product under medical supervision if you have bipolar disorder.
- In a small percentage of people this product may cause nausea or gastrointestinal upset. If you experience discomfort, discontinue use.
- Do not use if either tamper-evident seal is broken or missing.