Ayurvedic Quiz: Are You a Kapha Type?
Looks like you might be a Kapha type!
Composed of earth and water
Meaning “that which holds things together”
Qualities cold, wet, heavy, sticky, soft, solid, smooth
Site in body throat, chest, lungs, obliques, head, pancreas, stomach, lymph, and fat
How to Balance Kapha
- Good foods for Kapha are light, warm, and cooked.
- Pungent, bitter, and astringent tastes are the best for Kapha
- Incorporate exercise into your daily routine.
- Change your routine occasionally.
- Wake up at or before sunrise.
- Avoid napping during the day.
- Eat more lightly in the morning and the evening, with your biggest meal at lunchtime.
You aren’t predominately Kapha, but you could share some of the characteristics. Check out our other Ayurvedic type quizzes to see what your main Dosha (type) is!
#1. Do you often have dry skin?
#2. Do you find that it's easy to gain weight and difficult to lose weight?
#3. Do you have steady, sometimes slow digestion, and are you okay with just a couple meals a day?
#4. Do you love routine and structure (like it wouldn't bother you to eat the same thing at the same time every day)?
#5. Do you learn best with repetition (meaning after you've done something enough times, you know it by heart)?
#6. Do you tend to have soft skin?
#7. Do you tend to have anxiety and trouble staying asleep?
#8. Which one of these describes you best?
Back to Home