Essential for Good Health
Zinc is an essential mineral for many areas of general health. Found in cells throughout the body, it supports the immune system’s ability to fight off invading bacteria and viruses. Zinc is involved in making proteins and DNA in the body, and is key in wound healing and our sense of taste and smell. Vegetarians and vegans are especially at risk for inadequate zinc consumption, since the best foods sources of zinc include oysters, red meat, poultry, and seafood and certain compounds in plant foods prevent proper zinc absorption. According to the National Institutes of Health, “vegetarians might need to eat as much as 50% more zinc than the recommended amounts.” Other groups at risk for deficiency include those with malabsorption conditions, infants that are exclusively breast-fed, alcoholics and those with sickle cell disease.
- High potency, providing 455% of the daily value for zinc.
- Gluconate is a popular and highly bioavailable source.
- Important mineral for overall health, found in every cell of the body.
- Required for proper functioning of thymic, sex, growth hormones, as well as for insulin.
- Helps maintain normal taste and smell acuity.
- Promotes healthy skin.
- Keep out of reach of children.