Jarrow Formulas® SAM-e 200 provides a full 200 mg SAM-e (net yield) from 400 mg of SAM-e tosylate disulfate. SAM-e 200 is manufactured under low temperature and low humidity and is enteric-coated to ensure a biologically active product.
Contains More of the Active S,S Form
Found in all living cells, SAM-e is a metabolite of methionine (an essential amino acid). SAM-e is a chiral molecule and consists of two forms: (S,S) SAM-e and (R,S) SAM-e. The biologically active form is the (S,S) structure, while the (R,S) structure is biologically inactive. Jarrow Formulas® SAM-e is made naturally by microbiological fermentation and then specially processed without solvents to preserve 68-80% (S,S) SAM-e, the highest active level available.
SAM-e has been clinically shown to have the following benefits:
SAM-e supports the production of healthy connective tissue through transulfuration.* In this process, critical components of connective tissue, known as glycosaminoglycans (GAGs), including glucosamine and chondroitin, are sulfated by SAM-e metabolites to yield sulfated GAGs, such as glucosamine sulfate and chondroitin sulfate.
SAM-e methylation reactions are involved in the synthesis of neurotransmitters such as L-DOPA, dopamine and related hormones, serotonin, epinephrine and phosphatidylcholine (a component of lecithin).
SAM-e metabolism supports the synthesis of glutathione (GSH) and glutathione-dependent enzymes (glutathione peroxidase and glutathione-S-transferase), which are substances important for liver function, including phase II detoxification.
Full Potency 200 mg SAM-e (net yield) is derived from 400 mg of SAM-e tosylate disulfate.
- Individuals using prescribed medications such as antidepressants, including Selective Serotonin Re-Uptake Inhibitors (SSRIs) and MAO Inhibitors should consult a physician before using this product.
- Individuals with Parkinson’s disease, bi-polar disorder or manic depression should not use SAM-e.
- Do not use if pregnant or nursing.
- Do not exceed recommended intake.
- May cause gastrointestinal upset in some persons. If you experience discomfort, discontinue use.