Contains 268 mg (400 IU) of natural Vitamin E
Vitamin E is a powerful fat-soluble antioxidant that prevents the oxidation of fats and protects the cells from oxidative damage by scavenging harmful free radicals. D-alpha-tocopherol is the most active and most studied form of Vitamin E, but all forms are important in our physiology. They support heart health, tissue repair and normal blood clotting, for example. Most of our Vitamin E is stored in muscles and fat, but most of our tissues use it. The highest concentrations occur in the pituitary and adrenal glands and the testes.
Like many antioxidants, Vitamin E helps protect us from age-related degenerative diseases and prolongs the useful life of our cells.
A sampling of Vitamin E's benefits include:
- Cardiovascular Benefits — Lowers the risk of atherosclerosis and heart disease by soothing intermittent claudication, reducing inflammation in the arteries and strengthening capillary walls. Also, via the metabolism of fats in arterial walls, it helps protect arteries from damage caused by LDL oxidation. In addition, Vitamin E increases beneficial HDL when levels are low. For women using oral contraceptives, it lowers the tendency for platelet aggregation and reduces the risk of stroke.
- Immune Benefits — Increases potency of our immune reactions. Vitamin E enhances resistance to bacterial infections and disease and helps white blood cells engulf and destroy pathogens. It also protects white blood cells from free radical damage.
- Synergistic Antioxidant — Vitamin E works with other antioxidants to increase their effectiveness. It works especially well with selenium and protects Vitamins A and C from oxidation. It also increases superoxide dismutase, a powerful antioxidant enzyme. Combined with antioxidants Vitamin C and beta-carotene, Vitamin E helps protect the eyes from cataracts and decreases vision loss.
Our Vitamin E is 100% natural, using the d-form that is the only form of Vitamin E found in nature. Natural d-alpha Vitamin E comes with beta, delta and gamma forms that are less active but still useful for specific purposes. Research confirms that natural Vitamin E is more potent than synthetic forms.
- If you are taking anticoagulant drugs, consult your physician before using Vitamin E.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- If you are pregnant, nursing or have a medical condition, consult your healthcare professional before using this product.