Taurine has an amazing array of benefits that can contribute to a long, healthy life. It is found throughout the body, but concentrates in the retina, nerves and heart. Taurine is necessary for proper utilization of electrolyte minerals calcium, magnesium, potassium and sodium. It has antioxidant activity and protects and detoxifies the liver. It is also beneficial for the eyes and ears and may be useful for people with tinnitus. Taurine may also help to control seizures because of the role it plays in the production of the neurotransmitter GABA.
Taurine’s other benefits include:
- Cardiovascular — Nourishes and protects the heart. Regulates heart rhythm, blood pressure and reduces the risk of atherosclerosis. It reduces the production of cholesterol.
- Blood Sugar Balance — Improves glucose tolerance and contributes to healthy blood sugar levels. May be useful for alleviating consequences of diabetes such as neuropathy, fatty liver and damage to the kidneys and eyes.
- Athletic Performance — Facilitates removal of lactic acid from the muscles and enhances muscle performance. Protects muscles from damage due to oxidative stress.
People on vegetarian/vegan diets, the elderly and those with liver, kidney or heart disease, diabetes or cancer may require supplementation to maintain healthy levels in the body.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Keep your licensed health care practitioner informed when using this product.
- Use only as directed.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Do not use if safety seal is broken or missing.