Vitamin K is crucial for blood clotting, as well as for maintaining bone density and arterial health because it takes calcium from the bloodstream and puts it into the bones. Calcium in the blood may lead to calcification of the arteries.
Although we get most of our Vitamin K from green vegetables, Vitamin K1 (phylloquinone) from food is poorly absorbed. Vitamin K2 (menaquinone) is made in the gut by friendly bacteria and dietary K2 comes from animal-based foods. So people with digestive problems and vegetarians and those concerned about bone health may want to supplement with K2, which studies have shown is better absorbed and more biologically active than Vitamin K1.
Life Extension’s Super K with Advanced K2 Complex provides both Vitamin K1 and Vitamin K2 as MK-4 and MK-7. Vitamin K1 is processed directly by the liver and is important for blood clotting. Studies show that MK-7 stays bioactive longer while MK-4 gets into the blood faster.
- Caution: If you are taking anti-coagulant or anti-platelet medications, or have a bleeding disorder, consult with your healthcare provider before taking this product.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.