Enhance Digestion & Absorption
Research has shown that digestive enzyme activity gradually declines with age and in certain clinical conditions. Impaired digestion and absorption of nutrients can lead to or exacerbate many clinical conditions, so taking a high-potency digestive enzyme like Similase® that is effective in a wide range of gastrointestinal pH conditions, may be a good idea for some people.
Insufficient digestive enzyme activity may lead to undigested food in the gut causing gas, bloating, burping and even nausea. Digestive enzymes can be useful for relief of these symptoms as well as occasional indigestion. They can be useful for pancreatic enzyme support, lactose digestion and supporting normal gastric emptying time. Digestive enzymes are also very helpful for people suffering from digestive conditions like celiac disease, Crohn’s disease and other conditions that impair absorption of nutrients.
Similase® is a physician-formulated, proprietary blend of pure plant enzymes that aid and enhance digestion and absorption of carbohydrates, proteins, fats and fiber to promote normal gastrointestinal function and overall health.
- Protease: pH 4.7 to 7.5 — To breakdown proteins from foods like meat, fish, eggs, dairy, wheat, legumes and vegetables.
- Amylase: pH4.8 to 6.8 — To breakdown starches, complex carbohydrates and polysaccharides.
- Lipase: pH 6.5 to 7.0 — To breakdown fats, oils and triglycerides from animals and plants.
- Cellulase: pH 4.5 — To breakdown dietary fiber, cellulose and hemicellulose.
- Alpha-Galactosidase: pH 5.5 — To breakdown non-digestible oligosaccharides and sugars in beans, legumes, vegetables and grains.
- Also Includes — Lactase: pH 4.5 for lactose; Sucrase: pH 4.6 for sucrose; Maltase: pH 4.6 for maltose, starch and polysaccharides from malt barley; and Phytase: pH 6.0 for dietary phytate, phytic acid, pectin and cellulose.
- Not recommended for use if peptic ulcer, gastritis or heartburn is present.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- If pregnant, nursing, or taking prescription drugs, consult your healthcare professional prior to use.