Pregnenolone is an endogenous steroid hormone synthesized from cholesterol. It is the precursor to all other steroid hormones including estrogen, progesterone, androgens and DHEA. Unfortunately, production of this important hormone declines as we get older.
Besides its important role as precursor to other hormones, pregnenolone is bioactive on its own. One of its functions is to balance cortisol and estrogen, two hormones that can be dangerous if levels run too high for too long. This balancing influence can be useful for those under stress and may give women relief from premenstrual syndrome and hot flashes.
Pregnenolone has a protective influence on the brain and promotes calmness and a sense of wellbeing. It has a positive influence on memory, learning and brain function. Pregnenolone increases brain levels of acetylcholine, an important neurotransmitter that is necessary for optimal brain function. In addition, pregnenolone helps to maintain the nerves’ myelin sheaths.
Pregnenolone may be useful for stress-induced fatigue. It also helps increase energy and improves circulation while increasing tissue elasticity and joint mobility. It can improve vitality, immunity and stress response. It may also enhance libido and sexual enjoyment.
It is important to note that supplemental pregnenolone is unlikely to have any noticeable effects on healthy people who already have adequate levels of pregnenolone.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- NOT FOR USE BY INDIVIDUALS UNDER THE AGE OF 18 YEARS.
- DO NOT USE IF PREGNANT OR NURSING.
- Consult a physician or licensed qualified health care professional before using this product if you have or have a family history of breast cancer, uterine cancer, ovarian cancer, prostate cancer, prostate enlargement, heart disease, low HDL cholesterol (“good cholesterol”), or if you are using any other dietary supplement, prescription drug, or over-the-counter drug.
- Do not exceed the recommended serving. Exceeding the recommended serving may cause serious adverse health effects.
- Possible side effects include changes in liver function, acne, hair loss, hair growth on the face (in women), aggressiveness, irritability, and increased levels of estrogen.
- Discontinue use and call a physician or licensed qualified health care professional immediately if you experience rapid heartbeat, dizziness, blurred vision, or other similar symptoms.
- Store in a cool, dry place. (59 -77 F/15 -25 C) (35-65% relative humidity).
- Tamper resistant package, do not use if outer seal is missing.