Traditionally, Norwegians have used cod liver oil for its nourishing and healthful benefits. It is an ideal source of the omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA, as well as naturally occurring Vitamin A. Nordic Naturals Pet Cod Liver Oil continues this tradition by providing your dog and cat patients and companions with these same important nutrients.
Our Pet Cod Liver Oil is derived exclusively from wild Arctic cod (Skrei), from the Norwegian Sea off the Lofoten Islands near Bodø, Norway. Due to the seasonal variations of food supply for wild Arctic cod, the amount of Vitamin A will fluctuate with each batch. Please refer to the product label for the current amount of Vitamin A in the product.
OMEGA-3 FATTY ACIDS
Omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA are important fatty acids for humans and their dog and cat companions because they cannot be made in the body. The only source of EPA and DHA for these species is through the diet and/or supplementation.
Daily supplementation with Omega-3 Fatty Acids helps support optimal health for your pet companion.
EPA and DHA are necessary structural components of cell membranes. These omega-3 fatty acids maintain the cell membrane fluidity and permeability needed for healthy, functioning cells.
EPA and DHA are found abundantly in cold-water fish. Flax seed oil contains ALA, another omega-3 fatty acid that requires the body to first convert ALA to EPA and DHA before utilization. Humans and dogs have limited ability to make this conversion, while cats have even less ability to make this conversion. Therefore, supplementation with high-quality omega-3 fish oil is recommended for humans, dogs and cats.
The 8 oz. size is perfect for medium to large dogs and the 16 oz. size for large to very large dogs.
- Consult your veterinarian if your pet has a chronic illness or is on any medication before using this product.
- Inform your veterinarian that your pet is receiving this product before any anticipated surgery.
- Consult your veterinarian in cases of accidental ingestion.
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
- Store in a cool, dry place, away from sunlight.
- REFRIGERATE AFTER OPENING. Store bottle with original cap in refrigerator once opened.
- Use within 3 months of opening.
- Do not use if tamper-evident seal is broken or missing.