For the temporary relief of minor aches and pains of muscles and joints associated with:
- Simple backache
Emu Plus Deep Rub (formerly called Deep Muscle Rub and Emu Body Balm with Arnica) is a versatile, concentrated salve created to nourish the skin as it eases strained muscles and joint pain and reduces inflammation. It can also help sprains, bruises, bug bites, hemorrhoids and even some rashes. This all-natural salve is made from organic or wildcrafted ingredients when available.
AEA Certified Grade A emu oil is the base of this body balm. Emu oil is anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial and promotes healing. In addition, it is an excellent carrier oil, helping to bring the other ingredients deeper into the tissues. Emu oil and sunflower oil are rich in fatty acids to help moisturize dry skin. Beeswax and shea butter are also antibacterial and emollient and help to protect the skin from the sun.
Emu Plus Deep Rub contains herbal ingredients that have been used therapeutically for centuries. Arnica is well known for relieving soft tissue trauma and bruises. Calendula promotes wound healing and is anti-inflammatory and antibacterial. Chamomile is anti-inflammatory and antiseptic as well as pain relieving. It also helps to sooth nerves. Lemon balm is also calming and it has antiviral and antibacterial activity as well.
Essential oils are also included in Emu Plus Deep Rub. Warming cajeput is analgesic and antiseptic and reduces inflammation. It can help alleviate muscle and rheumatic pains and is also anti-spasmodic making it useful for cramping. Lavender is calming, antispasmodic and analgesic. It is also antiseptic and antimicrobial. Lavender is very useful for healing wounds without scarring. Eucalyptus is antiseptic and antibacterial. It promotes wound healing and is anti-inflammatory.
In addition to its skin-healing properties, Vitamin E is a natural preservative and antioxidant. This Vitamin E is derived from non-GMO sources. Grapefruit seed extract is another natural preservative with antimicrobial and antioxidant activity.
- Use directly on the painful area, applying with circular strokes for additional massage.
- Use on your chest during colds to assist breathing.
- Apply lightly during exercise to warm up or cool down.
- For help with headaches, apply above eyebrows and massage gently avoiding eye contact.
- A great remedy for athlete’s foot: apply liberally to feet, then wear socks for one hour after application.
- Keep out of the reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- For external use only.
- Do not use on wounds or damaged skin.
- Do not use with a heating pad.
- When using this product avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes.
- When using this product do not bandage tightly.
- Stop use and ask a doctor if: condition worsens, symptoms persist for more than 7 days, symptoms clear up and occur again within a few days.
- Best stored at room temperature or cooler.