Melatonin is a neurohormone produced in humans by the pineal gland. A favorite of travelers, it governs the body’s circadian rhythms, helping the body ease into restful sleep. Melatonin is also a potent antioxidant.
The Benefit of Sublinguals
Some nutrients may break down during liver metabolism. The sublingual form is absorbed directly into the bloodstream, via the blood vessels under the tongue and in the cheeks, bypassing the liver and allowing for quick entry into the system.
- Use only at bedtime.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- For adult use only. Not for use by teenagers, or women who are pregnant, may become pregnant, or breastfeeding.
- If you are under medical supervision, or have an autoimmune disease, diabetes, a depressive disorder, a thyroid condition, epilepsy, leukemia, or a lymphoproliferative disorder, or are taking MAO inhibitor drugs or corticosteroids such as hydrocortisone or prednisone, consult your physician before using this product.
- Do not take with alcoholic beverages or when operating machinery or driving a vehicle.
- Do not use if either tamper-evident seal is broken or missing.
- Store in a cool, dry place.