Melatonin is a natural hormone that regulates the human biological clock. It is produced in the brain by the pineal gland from the amino acid tryptophan. The synthesis and release of melatonin are stimulated by darkness and suppressed by light, suggesting the involvement of melatonin in circadian rhythm and regulation of diverse body functions. Levels of melatonin in the blood are highest prior to bedtime. Synthetic melatonin supplements have been used for a variety of medical conditions, most notably for disorders related to sleep. Melatonin possesses antioxidant activity, and many of its proposed therapeutic or preventive uses are based on this property.
KAL™ Sustained Release Melatonin has a 2-4 hour sustained release action.
Innovation is their tradition; the pursuit of quality is their passion. They believe that you cannot have a quality finished product unless you start with the finest raw materials.
KAL™ products are manufactured according to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs). Their products must pass disintegration testing and finished product testing before KAL™ can be satisfied that they are “good enough for their own families.”
The KAL™ brand was established in Southern California in 1932 as one of the first nutritional supplement lines in the United States. Although its first products were in powdered form, the KAL™ brand soon shifted its focus to tablets and tasteables. The KAL™ brand offers more than 500 innovative products in chewables, gummies, tablets, softgels, liquids, powders, and topical creams.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not take prior to or while operating machinery or a vehicle or if you are otherwise engaged in an activity in which you need to stay alert.
- Indivduals with autoimmune conditions, diabetes or other endocrine disorders, depressive disorders, illness or those who are pregnant, lactating women or using medications should consult their physician prior to use.
- This product is for adults and should not be used by children or teenagers. Younger adults should seek the advice of their physician prior to using this product on a continuous basis.
- Do not use if safety seal is broken or missing.
- Store in a cool, dry place.