Support During Allergen Exposure
Freeze-drying Nettle leaf has proven to be an effective method of capturing and preserving the naturally occurring compounds that are present in the stinging hairs of the plant. Tender young shoots are carefully gathered in the early spring and processed immediately to assure high quality.
As a home herbal remedy, Nettles have a long history of use. A tea made from the leaves has traditionally been used as a tonic.
OWH's freshly gathered Nettle leaves are promptly freeze-dried to preserve the full spectrum of chemical activity within the herb. The active ingredient in Nettle is unknown, and it may be that it is a combination of ingredients rather than one single compound which may be responsible for its activity.
Due to their high quality-control standards, OWH uses only organically cultivated plants from an approved site rather than wild-crafted plants as studies show that Nettle absorbs undesirable heavy metals as well as the beneficial minerals from the soil.
- Use with caution if pregnant.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Discontinue if unusual symptoms occur.
- Do not exceed recommended dose unless under the guidance of a health care professional.
- If you have never taken Nettles and are prone to allergies it is recommended to take one capsule and wait 24 hours before using the suggested dose.