Source of Fatty Acids
Many processed and packaged foods are overprocessed and loaded with saturated and hydrogenated fats. The balance between the essential fatty acids omega-3 and omega-6 is important for maintaining adequate nutritional status. Evening primrose oil (EPO) capsules are an easy way to supplement with beneficial fats.
Evening primrose oil provides gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), linoleic acid (LA), and other important fatty acids. EPO is the most researched source of GLA. All of the fatty acids in EPO play a major role in maintaining heart, skin, cell membrane and nerve health. As a supplement, it can offset the body's declining ability to convert linoleic acid into gamma-linolenic acid.
Evergreen's Evening primrose oil is non-GMO and tests below detection limits for pesticides and herbicides.
- Contains both LA (linoleic) and GLA (gamma-linolenic), two omega-6 fatty acids.
- Manufactured in Canada, where our supplier has developed an exceptionally clean, high quality evening primrose oil.
- Cold pressed and hexane free.
- Herbicide and pesticide free.
- Keep out of reach of children.