Vitamin E, 400 IU, with Selenium
Evergreen's Price: $16.75
Vitamin E and selenium are two natural antioxidants that work synergistically to provide superior protection to our cells and protect Vitamins A and C from oxidation. They also protect the immune system and maintain healthy heart function. Like most antioxidants, they can be helpful against age-related degenerative diseases because it prolongs the useful life of cells
Vitamin E enhances resistance to bacterial infections and disease and increases the potency of immune reactions. It also helps white blood cells engulf and destroy pathogens and protects white blood cells from free radical damage. Research has shown that Vitamin E is effective for relief of PMS and helps lessen fibrocystic breast disease. It may also help to regulate estrogen levels and be useful for menopausal hot flashes, vaginitis and excessive bleeding in women with IUDs.
Selenium is necessary for pancreatic function and tissue elasticity and has been shown to protect against radiation and toxic minerals.
Evergreenís Vitamin E with Selenium contains natural Vitamin E (d-alpha-tocopherol), the most active form that is taken up preferentially by our tissues, and yeast-free L-selenomethionine. It also has lecithin to emulsify fat-soluble Vitamin E for easier digestion. In addition, lecithin is a source of phosphatidylcholine, which together with Vitamin E and selenium, helps to nourish and protect cell membranes.
- Contains soy and beeswax.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- If you are taking anticoagulant medications, have diabetes, rheumatic heart disease, overactive thyroid or high blood pressure, consult with your healthcare practitioner before taking this or any other supplements.
- Although Vitamin E has low toxicity, amounts greater than 1,200 IU may lead to adverse side effects like nausea and greater than 2,000 IU daily may suppress immune function.
Take 2 perlecaps daily with meals or a glass of water.
|Serving Size: 2 perlecaps|
|Vitamin E (as d-alpha-tocopherol)||268 mg (400 IU)||1,787%%|
|Selenium (as yeast-free l-selenomethionine)||100 mcg||182%|
|Lecithin (from soy)||1,600 mg||**|
|*Percent of Daily Value based on a 2,000 calorie diet.|
|**Daily Value not established.|
Other Ingredients: Perlecap (gelatin, glycerin), soy bean oil, yellow beeswax, purified water.
- Contains beeswax.
- Contains soy. NOTE: Most soy allergies are actually allergies to soy protein. Our Vitamin E is derived from soybean oil that does not contain soy protein.
- Contains no wheat, gluten, milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, crustacean shellfish or fish.
- Contains no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives.