D-alpha-tocopherol is the most active and most studied form of Vitamin E, but all forms of Vitamin E are important in our physiology. Evergreen’s natural d-alpha Vitamin E also includes the beta, delta and gamma forms as well. These other forms are not as active as d-alpha, but are still important for specific purposes including reducing arterial plaque.
Vitamin E is a powerful fat-soluble antioxidant that prevents the oxidation of fats and protects the cells from oxidative damage. It supports normal blood clotting, heart health and tissue repair. Like many antioxidants, Vitamin E helps protect us from age-related degenerative diseases and prolongs the useful life of our cells.
Here are just a few of Vitamin E’s many benefits:
- Synergistic Antioxidant — Vitamin E works with other antioxidants to increase their effectiveness. It works especially well with selenium and protects Vitamins A and C from oxidation. It also increases superoxide dismutase, a powerful antioxidant enzyme. Combined with antioxidants Vitamin C and beta-carotene, Vitamin E helps protect the eyes from cataracts and decreases vision loss.
- Cardiovascular Benefits — Lowers the risk of atherosclerosis and heart disease by soothing intermittent claudication, reducing inflammation in the arteries and strengthening capillary walls. Also, via the metabolism of fats in arterial walls, it helps protect arteries from damage caused by LDL oxidation. In addition, Vitamin E increases beneficial HDL when levels are low.
- Immune Benefits — Increases potency of our immune reactions. Vitamin E enhances resistance to bacterial infections and disease and helps white blood cells engulf and destroy pathogens. It also protects white blood cells from free radical damage.
- Women’s Health — Research indicates that Vitamin E is effective for PMS and fibrocystic breast disease. Vitamin E helps regulate estrogen levels and may have benefits for menopause by affecting prostaglandins. It can bring relief from menopausal hot flashes, vaginitis and excessive bleeding in women with IUDs. For women using oral contraceptives, it lowers the tendency for platelet aggregation and reduces the risk of stroke.
Our Vitamin E is 100% natural, using the d-form that is the only form of Vitamin E found in nature. Research confirms that natural Vitamin E is more potent than synthetic forms.
- If you are taking anticoagulant drugs, consult your physician before using Vitamin E.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- If you are pregnant, nursing or have a medical condition, consult your healthcare professional before using this product.