This traditional Ojibwa formula was rediscovered by humanitarian nurse Rene Caisse and perfected through years of clinical studies with her longtime research partner, Dr, Charles Brusch, personal physician to President John F. Kennedy. This formula enables the body to effectively remove toxins and wastes, allowing for cellular renewal and revitalized health.
True health begins and ends within the digestive system. Taking Flor•Essence® supports healthy bowel function. It helps the body achieve a new, vibrant equilibrium – improved digestion, more energy, a brighter complexion and deeper sleep.This time-honored formula has unique synergistic properties which help to gently detoxify and rejuvenate the entire body. Flor•Essence® is a formula that is safe and effective for everyday use, short term and long term.
The Herbs in Flor•Essence®:
The Flor•Essence® eight-herb formula synergistically supports all elimination pathways to accelerate the removal of toxins and waste from the body, stimulate digestion and support immune function.
1. Burdock Root (Arctium lappa) is a cleansing antioxidant that promotes a strong immune system, stimulates good digestion, and supports all the elimination pathways of the body. Active ingredients include inulin, calcium, iron, potassium, tannin, mucilage, flavonoids, and essential oils. The bitter properties of this herb are important for liver detox and function.
2. Slippery Elm Bark (Ulmus rubra) supports the skin, kidneys, and urinary and respiratory systems in their natural elimination processes. It also soothes the digestive tract because of its mucilage content, and it alkalizes the body by balancing pH in the gastrointestinal tract.
3. Red Clover (Trifolium pratense) is an antioxidant with specialized flavonoids that promote healthy cell proliferation and supports the immune system. It supports the kidneys as well as the urinary system. It is also used for expelling phlegm and mucus from the respiratory tract.
4. Sheep Sorrel (Rumex acetosella) This herb contains many beneficial vitamins and minerals that support health and well-being, and it functions in the body as an antioxidant.
5. Turkish Rhubarb Root (Rheum palmatum) provides detoxification support to the digestive system, colon, and liver. Mineral content includes calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc, potassium, and selenium as well as vitamins B, C, and E.
6. Blessed Thistle (Cnicus benedictus) It has long been used as a digestive tonic and a diaphoretic to support skin detoxification. This thorny plant contains B-complex vitamins as well as calcium, iron, and manganese.
7. Kelp (Laminaria digitata) is a mineral-rich seaweed that promotes healthy bowels and healthy immune function. It contains alginates for cleansing and soothing the intestines. High in vitamin content, kelp also contains more than two dozen important minerals as well as proteins, carbohydrates, and essential fatty acids.
8. Watercress (Nasturtium officinale) is a rich source of chlorophyll, vitamins A and C, antioxidants, and many minerals. Traditionally used for its detoxifying and restorative properties, it contains indoles. Watercress also contains vitamins A, B6, and C, and is rich in iron, copper, calcium, manganese, and carotenes.
- Do not use: If pregnant or nursing; if you are allergic to plants of the asteraceae, compositae, daisy, polygonaceae, or brassicacease families; if you are allergic to iodine; if you have had an organ transplant (stemcell transplants are okay).
- Not recommended for children.