Black currant oil comes from the seeds of Ribes nigrum and is a good source of gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), a healthy omega-6 fat that is not prevalent in our diet, omega-3 alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) and other beneficial fatty acids. It helps to enhance beneficial prostaglandins while reducing pro-inflammatory prostaglandin production. It also has immune-enhancing properties and may be useful for people with rheumatoid arthritis and other autoimmune conditions.
Black currant oil can be helpful for relief of painful periods, breast tenderness, PMS and unpleasant menopausal symptoms. It also promotes healthy skin and can be useful for dry skin, psoriasis and eczema when taken orally or applied directly to the skin, plus it contributes to healthy growth of hair and nails. In addition, black currant oil has cardio-protective benefits including lowering blood pressure (when taken with EPA and DHA fatty acids in fish oil) and inhibiting platelet aggregation.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Keep your licensed health care practitioner informed when using this product.
- If you are on blood-thinning medication, consult a doctor prior to taking this product.
- Not recommended for people with bleeding disorders or those about to have surgery.
- Use only as directed.
- Keep out of sunlight.
- Do not use if safety seal is broken or missing.
- Store in a cool, dry place.