Evergreen's Price: $36.15
This unique product is a combination of natural L-5-hydroxytryptophan (L-5-HTP), Vitamins B-6 and C, and bioflavonoids. Clinical studies indicate that administration of L-5-HTP enhances synthesis of serotonin in the brain. Vitamin B-6 is the cofactor for enzymes that convert L-tryptophan to serotonin, and Vitamin C catalyzes the hydroxylation of tryptophan to serotonin. In addition, this product is enterically coated to enable the capsules to bypass enzymes in the stomach which would convert L-5-HTP to serotonin prematurely (before reaching the central nervous system). The L-5-HTP in this product is a natural extract of the Griffonia bean, not produced synthetically or by a fermentation process.
- May cause drowsiness; do NOT use while driving or operating heavy equipment.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Keep your licensed healthcare practitioner informed when using this product.
- Not recommended for use with MAO-inhibiting antidepressant prescriptions.
- Do not use if safety seal is broken or missing.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
Use only as directed. Take one capsule twice daily, preferably in divided doses, with a meal or glass of water.
|Serving Size: 1 Capsule|
|Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid)||200 mg||333%|
|Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCl)||25 mg||1,250%|
|Griffonia (Griffonia simplicifolia) (bean extract) (guaranteed 100 mg (98%) L-5-hydroxytryptophan)||102 mg||*|
|Bioflavonoid Complex (from lemons)||50 mg||*|
|*Daily Value not established.|
Other Ingredients: Gelatin capsule, cellulose and magnesium stearate.