Basic Nutrients IV With Copper & Iron
Evergreen's Price: $44.25
- contains well-absorbed calcium and magnesium citrate and malate minerals
- provides the active, readily usable forms of vitamins B2, B6, and B12
- provides tissue-ready folate as 5-MTHF for those with methylation problems or poor conversion of folate to its active form
- features trace minerals exclusively available from Thorne Research as picolinates
- chromium is provided as an optimally absorbed nicotinate glycinate chelate
The keystone of every nutritional product line is a multiple vitamin-mineral supplement. At Thorne, we believe this is the starting point for every individual's supplementation needs and that these products should contain all the essential nutrients. We also believe that by using the purest, most bioavailable raw materials – those without unnecessary additives and preservatives – every individual's outcome will be optimized.
Why should everyone take a multiple vitamin-mineral supplement?
Nutrition experts agree that, due to the state of the current food supply and because few Americans eat the recommended five servings daily of health-giving fruits and vegetables, a multiple vitamin-mineral formulation should be taken daily. Even the Journal of the American Medical Association, not known as a supporter of dietary supplements, has finally agreed that everyone should take a multi. A multi could be considered "dietary insurance," a small price to pay to be sure you get all the essential nutrients daily, even if you don't eat right. Even greater health benefits can be realized if you eat a healthy diet in addition to taking a multi.
Basic Nutrients IV is a comprehensive multi-vitamin-mineral product that provides calcium, magnesium, and potassium as citrate mineral chelates. Besides providing a well-absorbed chelate, citric acid has potential health benefits of its own. As an important Kreb's cycle intermediate (also called the citric acid cycle and important for energy production), citric acid is essential for metabolism in all living organisms. Citric acid has been shown to inhibit urinary precipitation of calcium oxalate and phosphate in the urine. Since magnesium, calcium, and potassium also have that potential, this combination in one supplement provides added benefit.
Basic Nutrients IV also contains copper and iron along with a complete range of trace minerals, plus a full scope of highly absorbed vitamin co-factors. Click on this link to find out more about active vitamin co-factors.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- If pregnant, consult your health-care practitioner before using this product.
- Folinic acid and 5-methyltetrahydrofolate supplementation is not recommended concurrent with methotrexate cancer therapy, as they can interfere with methotrexate's anti-neoplastic activity; however, these folate sources have not been shown to interfere with the anti-inflammatory activity of methotrexate. An individual taking methotrexate for psoriasis or rheumatoid arthritis can safely take a supplement containing folate.
- Accidental overdose of iron-containing products is a leading cause of fatal poisoning in children under six. Keep this product out of reach of children. In case of accidental overdose, call a doctor or poison control center immediately.
|Serving Size: 6 Capsules|
|Per Serving||% DV|
|Vitamin A 12,500 IU from Mixed Carotenes and 2,500 IU as Palmitate)||15000 IU||300%|
|Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid)||850 mg||1417%|
|Vitamin D (as Vitamin D3)||1000 IU||250%|
|Vitamin E (as d-Alpha Tocopheryl)||400 IU||1333%|
|Thiamin (as Thiamin HCl)||40 mg||2667%|
|Riboflavin (as Riboflavin 5'-Phosphate Sodium)||11 mg||647%|
|Niacin (130 mg as Niacinamide and 30 mg as Niacin)||160 mg||800%|
|Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxal 5'-Phosphate)||10 mg||500%|
|Folate (500 mcg as Calcium Folinate and 500 mcg as L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolate from L-5- Methyltetrahydrofolic Acid, glucosamine Salt)||1 mg||250%|
|Vitamin B12 (225 mcg as Adenosylcobalamin and 225 mcg as Methylcobalamin)||450 mcg||7500%|
|Pantothenic Acid (as Calcium Pantothenate)||413 mg||4130%|
|Calcium as Calcium Citrate)||300 mg||30%|
|Iron (as Iron Picolinate)||15 mg||83%|
|Iodine (as Potassium Iodide)||225 mcg||150%|
|Magnesium (as Magnesium Citrate)||285 mg||71%|
|Zinc (as Zinc Picolinate)||15 mg||100%|
|Selenium (as L-Selenomethionine)||200 mcg||286%|
|Copper (as Copper Picolinate)||1.5 mg||75%|
|Manganese (as Manganese Picolinate)||6 mg||300%|
|Chromium (as Chromium Nicotinate Glycinate Chelate)||200 mcg||167%|
|Molybdenum (as Molybdenum Picolinate)||100 mcg||133%|
|Potassium (as Potassium Aspartate)||90 mg||3%|
|Choline Citrate||100 mg||*|
|Boron (as Boron Picolinate)||3 mg||*|
|Vanadium (as Vanadium Picolinate)||100 mcg||*|
|*Daily value not established.|
Other Ingredients: Hypromellose (derived from cellulose) capsule, Calcium Laurate, Silicon Dioxide, Microcrystalline Cellulose.