Oil of Oregano
Natural Factors Certified Organic Oil of Oregano is derived from this wild-crafted Mediterranean species. The oil is extracted from the hand-picked leaves using gentle steam distillation to ensure potency and purity. Because pure oil of oregano is too potent to be used full strength, it is blended in a one-to-four ratio with organic, cold-pressed, extra-virgin olive oil. This is the ideal ratio for enabling the body to assimilate the oil of oregano.
Natural Factors Oil of Oregano has a wide range of natural compounds with proven healing effects, including carvacrol and thymol. Some of these active ingredients damage the cell membranes of bacteria, causing fluids to leak out of the bacteria and impairing their metabolism and replication. Studies have shown that using oil from the whole herb, rather than just some of its individual chemical compounds, creates a synergy that greatly enhances potency.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Use with caution if you are allergic to the lamiaceae family (including basil, sage, mint, hyssop, lavender, thyme, rosemary and other herbs).
- As oil of oregano may contribute to blood thinning, consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you are taking blood-thinning medications, aspirin, or NSAIDs.
- Children: Children under two years of age should not use oil of oregano topically or internally; internal use by children 2 to 13 years old should be guided by a health care practitioner.
- Pregnancy and Nursing: Oil of oregano is not recommended during pregnancy or while breastfeeding.
4 drops daily directly under the tongue, mixed with water, applied topically, or as directed by a health care practitioner. A sensation of warmth is normal. Avoid contact with eyes.
|Serving Size: 4 drops (0.16 ml)|
|Organic Wild Mediterranean Oregano Oil (Origanum vulgare) (aerial)||30 mg|
|Providing Carvacrol (80%)||24 mg|
|Organic Cold Pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil||120 mg|
|**Daily Value not established.|
Other Ingredients: Organic cold pressed, extra virgin olive oil, natural Vitamin E (from non-GMO sunflower oil).
- Contains no artificial preservatives, color or sweeteners; no corn, dairy, soy, starch, wheat or yeast.