Micronized DHEA, 25 mg
Evergreen's Price: $15.00
DHEA is called “the mother hormone” because it is a precursor to all of the major sex hormones: estrogen, progesterone and testosterone. Our adrenal glands produce this steroid hormone but it is concentrated in the brain.
DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone) production declines as we get older even though it is necessary for many physiological functions. It has protective activity against detrimental bacteria and viruses and stimulates production of antibodies and other aspects of the immune system. DHEA has potential for treating osteoporosis because it activates osteoblasts (bone building cells) and inhibits osteoclasts (cells that break down bone). It can also be helpful for people with Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis and some autoimmune conditions.
DHEA can also help to increase the body’s basal metabolic rate (BMR) and reduce visceral fat. It helps to increase energy and may be especially helpful for people with chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia and multiple sclerosis.
This antioxidant is said to have “life extension potential” possibly due to its positive influence on major factors that lead to chronic disease. And it may even delay the onset of wrinkles.
- Cognitive Benefits — DHEA promotes restful sleep. It can also improve alertness and enhance long-term memory. In addition, DHEA can help with depression, improve mood and increase willpower.
- Blood Sugar Benefits — DHEA can help to normalize glucose levels and reduce insulin resistance. It may also lower the need for exogenous insulin for people with diabetes mellitus, but if you have diabetes talk with your physician before taking supplemental DHEA.
- Cardiovascular Benefits — People with low levels of DHEA have increased risk of cardiovascular disease and atherosclerosis. It can help to lower serum triglyceride levels and prevent dangerous oxidation of LDL cholesterol. DHEA can also help to prevent abnormal blood clotting, alleviate symptoms of angina and minimize stroke-induced damage to neurons.
- Sexual Benefits — DHEA can be useful for pre-menstrual syndrome and menopausal discomforts. In addition, DHEA can be helpful for infertility and impotence and increasing sexual desire and improving sexual performance.
DaVinci DHEA is micronized to improve oral bioavailability.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- WARNING: NOT FOR USE BY INDIVIDUALS UNDER THE AGE OF 18 YEARS.
- DO NOT USE IF PREGNANT OR NURSING.
- Consult a physician or licensed qualified healthcare professional before using this product if you have, or have a family history of, prostate cancer, prostate enlargement, heart disease, low "good" cholesterol (HDL), or if using any other dietary supplement, prescription drug, or over-the-counter drug.
- Do not exceed recommended serving. Exceeding recommended serving may cause serious adverse health effects. Possible side effects include acne, hair loss, hair growth on the face (in women), aggressiveness, irritability, and increased levels of estrogen.
- Discontinue use and call a physician or licensed qualified healthcare professional immediately if you experience rapid heartbeat, dizziness, blurred vision, or other similar symptoms.
- CAUTION: May interfere with birth control medications and devices.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
As a dietary supplement, adults (18 years and over), take 1 capsule daily, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
|Serving Size: 1 Vegetarian Capsule|
|DHEA (micronized)||25 mg||*|
|*Daily Value not established.|
Other Ingredients: Vegetable cellulose (capsule), vegetarian leucine.
- Gluten free.