DHEA, 50 mg
Evergreen's Price: $24.40
Our adrenal glands produce the steroid hormone DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone). It is called “the mother hormone” because it is a precursor to all of the major sex hormones: estrogen, progesterone and testosterone. It is concentrated in the brain and is also found in cerebrospinal fluid. Production of DHEA declines as we get older.
DHEA plays a number of vital roles in the body. It has protective activity against detrimental bacteria and viruses. It stimulates production of antibodies and activates other aspects of the immune system. It may prove useful for people with Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis and some autoimmune conditions. DHEA has potential for treating osteoporosis because it activates osteoblasts and inhibits osteoclasts, the cells that build and tear down bone tissue. Plus it may delay the onset of wrinkles.
DHEA can also help to increase the body’s basal metabolic rate (BMR) and reduce visceral fat. It helps to increase energy and may be especially helpful for people with chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia and multiple sclerosis.
This antioxidant is said to have “life extension potential” possibly due to its positive influence on major factors that lead to chronic disease.
- Cardiovascular Benefits — It can help to prevent abnormal blood clotting, alleviate symptoms of angina and minimize stroke-induced damage to neurons. It can help to lower serum triglyceride levels and prevent oxidation of LDL cholesterol. People with low levels of DHEA have increased risk of cardiovascular disease and atherosclerosis.
- Blood Sugar Benefits — It can help to normalize blood sugar (glucose) and reduce insulin resistance. DHEA may also lower the need for exogenous insulin for people with diabetes mellitus, but if you have diabetes talk with your physician before taking supplemental DHEA.
- Cognitive Benefits — It can increase alertness and enhance long-term memory and may also alleviate depression. DHEA can also promote restful sleep, improve mood and increase willpower.
- Sexual Benefits — It can be useful for infertility and impotence, pre-menstrual syndrome and menopausal discomforts. In addition, DHEA can increase sexual desire and improve sexual performance.
Douglas Laboratories dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) is micronized to improve oral bioavailability. These capsules contain the highest purity DHEA produced under strict Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) standards.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- WARNING: NOT FOR USE BY INDIVIDUALS UNDER THE AGE OF 18 YEARS.
- DO NOT USE IF PREGNANT OR NURSING.
- Consult a physician or licensed qualified health care professional before using this product if you have or have a family history of breast cancer, uterine cancer, ovarian cancer, prostate cancer, prostate enlargement, heart disease, low HDL cholesterol (“good cholesterol”), or if you are using any other dietary supplement, prescription drug, or over-the-counter drug.
- Do not exceed the recommended serving. Exceeding the recommended serving may cause serious adverse health effects.
- Possible side effects include changes in liver function, acne, hair loss, hair growth on the face (in women), aggressiveness, irritability, and increased levels of estrogen.
- Discontinue use and call a physician or licensed qualified health care professional immediately if you experience rapid heartbeat, dizziness, blurred vision, or other similar symptoms.
- For optimal storage conditions, store in a cool, dry place. (59-77 F/15-25 C) (35-65% relative humidity).
- Tamper resistant package, do not use if outer seal is missing.
As a dietary supplement, adults take 1 to 2 capsules daily, or as directed by your healthcare professional.
|Serving Size: 1 Vegetarian Capsule|
|DHEA (Dehydroepiandrosterone)||25 mg||*|
|*Daily Value not established.|
Other Ingredients: Cellulose and ascorbyl palmitate.
- Contains NO yeast, wheat, gluten, soy, milk/dairy, corn, sodium, sugar, starch.
- Contains NO artificial coloring, artificial preservatives, artificial flavoring.
- Contains NO genetically modified ingredients (GMOs).