Evergreen's Price: $44.95
Himalaya Herbal Healthcare combines the best of Ayurvedic tradition and modern research with scientific validation (via human clinical trials) of ancient medicines. The company was founded in 1930 and is still family owned. Himalaya ensures the purity, efficacy and consistency of its products by seed-to-shelf control of the plants they use.
LiverCare® was formulated over 60 years ago and is the top-selling liver care formula in the world with over 180 clinical studies to validate it. LiverCare helps detoxify the liver and supports the normal liver functions.
The liver is the largest internal organ and it performs over 500 different functions. LiverCare supports normal liver function, including filtering toxins, in several ways: it assists normally functioning liver cells; it has antioxidant properties that support liver cell integrity; and it assists in preserving existing liver strength when dealing with occasional challenges.
Weightlifters and other anaerobic-sports athletes may find LiverCare useful because they generally consume a lot of protein, which increases the burden on the liver.
LiverCare is a well-researched combination of nourishing herbs:
- Caper — a hepatic stimulant that improves liver function while protecting it. It also has beneficial effects on liver glycogen and serum protein levels.
- Chicory — another hepatic stimulant increases bile output and promotes healthy digestion. It promotes liver glycogen synthesis and has antioxidant activity.
- Black nightshade — contains alkaloids that support a healthy liver, skin, kidneys and bladder. Studies confirm its protective effect on the liver, possibly because it suppresses the oxidative degradation of DNA.
- Arjuna — modulates the absorption of lipids by the blood making it beneficial for the liver and the cardiovascular system, too.
- Yarrow — supports digestive and urinary functions. Studies show that it helps to regulate gastric and bile secretions as well.
- Cassia occidentalis — has been used traditionally to promote normal bowel movements thereby helping to eliminate toxins and excess cholesterol from the body. Cassia occidentalis provides liver support because the liver is responsible for processing toxins and excess cholesterol.
- Tamarisk — a hepatic tonic that supports liver function.
LiverCare does not contain milk thistle and generally has no side effects. It is safe for long-term use.
Top-selling liver support formula worldwide and Better Nutrition’s Best of Supplements award in 2011.
Take 1 capsule twice per day, before meals. Allow several weeks for full benefit and lasting results. The use of natural products provides progressive but long-lasting results.
|Serving Size: 1 Capsule|
|Proprietary Herbal Blend: caper bush (root), chicory (seed), black nightshade (whole plant), arjuna (bark), yarrow (aerial parts), Cassia occidentalis (Linn.) (seed), tamarisk (whole plant)||375 mg||*|
|*Daily value not established.|
Other Ingredients: Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (capsule). Color variations are normal with natural herbal formulations.
- Gluten free.
- No magnesium stearate.
- No synthetic additives.