Evergreen's Price: $18.45
Freeze-drying is an effective way to capture and preserve the naturally occurring compounds present in the hairs of stinging nettle. Oregonís Wild Harvest Nettle Quercetin pairs freeze-dried organic nettle with plant-sourced quercetin for double the antihistamine action.
Stinging nettle (Urtica dioica) is an astringent and diuretic herb that is rich in chlorophyll. It has been traditionally used for arthritis as well as respiratory allergies, bronchial and asthmatic complaints. It is particularly useful for excessive mucous production. It also stabilizes mast-cell walls thereby slowing the release of histamine that occurs in response to injury or inflammation.
Quercetin is a natural bioflavonoid that is found in nearly all herbs and food plants. It is a powerful antioxidant with anti-inflammatory and antiviral properties. It has an antihistamine-like action because it inhibits cells that produce histamine, thereby decreasing inflammation and swelling from allergic reactions. Unlike many over-the-counter antihistamines, quercetin will not cause drowsiness.
Oregonís Wild Harvestís nettle is organically grown on a local farm and hand-harvested then promptly freeze-dried to preserve the full spectrum of chemical activity within the herb.
The National College of Naturopathic Medicine in Portland, Oregon conducted a study using freeze-dried nettle. OWH uses the same drying technique and dose as the study. In addition, OWHís stinging nettle is herb identity guaranteed.
- Do not take quercetin if your health care professional has advised against eating grapefruit.
- Seek the advice of a health care professional if you are taking hormonal estrogen products or other medication or have a medical condition.
- WARNING: If you have never taken nettles and are prone to allergies, it is recommended to take one capsule and wait 24 hours before using the suggested dose.
- Do not use if pregnant or nursing.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Discontinue use if unusual symptoms occur.
- Do not exceed the recommended dose unless under the guidance of a health care professional.
As an herbal supplement, take three capsules daily with food.
WARNING: If you have never taken nettles and are prone to allergies, it is recommended to take one capsule and wait 24 hours before using the suggested dose.
|Serving Size: 3 Vegetarian Capsules|
|Organic Nettle (Freeze-dried) (Urtica dioica) tops (including stinging hairs)||600 mg||**|
|Quercetin dihydrate (supplies Quercetin 440 mg)||525 mg||**|
|**Daily Value not established.|
Other Ingredients: Non-GMO bovine gelatin capsules and nothing else.
- Does NOT contain dairy, wheat, gluten, peanuts or soy allergens.
- 100% Vegetarian.
- Free of excipients and stearates.
- Packaged in a BPA-FREE PET plastic bottle.