Melatonin Sustain 1 mg
Evergreen's Price: $10.80
Availability: Out of StockSorry, this item is out of Stock
Melatonin is actually a hormone produced by the pineal gland and is found in every cell. It is also one of the most powerful antioxidants, capable of scavenging free radicals in any cell in any part of the body. Plus, it offers special protection to the DNA-containing nuclei of our cells, enabling cells to repair themselves, thereby protecting our tissues from a multitude of threats. Melatonin also stimulates production of glutathione peroxidase, another important antioxidant.
Although production of melatonin decreases after puberty, it is considered an anti-aging hormone since many age-related disorders are associated with decreased melatonin. In addition, melatonin is necessary for the production of estrogen and testosterone.
Secreted in response to darkness, melatonin is responsible for regulating circadian rhythms and regulating sleep. It is useful for people with irregular work schedules or jet lag and should be taken within two hours of bedtime. It is best to start with a low dose and increase slowly if necessary. If you awaken feeling groggy after taking melatonin reduce the next dose. Slow-release forms, like Melatonin Sustain, are useful for people who awaken after several hours of sleep. The sustained form works better for older folks.
Other therapeutic uses of melatonin include PMS, memory loss, arteriosclerosis, stroke, Alzheimer’s’ disease and possibly cancer. It works synergistically with some forms of chemotherapy and can reduce the side effects thereof.
To enhance melatonin metabolism, Jarrow Formulas' Melatonin Sustain also contains Vitamin B-6.
Melatonin supplementation is not for everyone, though. Do not use if you are depressed or have severe allergies, autoimmune disease and/or immune system cancers since it stimulates the immune system. See additional warnings below.
- Do not drive or operate machinery immediately following use of this product.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- If you are pregnant, lactating, trying to conceive, under the age of 18, or taking medications (especially MAO inhibitors such as iproniazid), consult your healthcare professional before using this product.
- If you have a medical condition (especially asthma, MS, lymphoma, leukemia, diabetes, epilepsy, or autoimmune disease) consult your healthcare professional before using this product.
- Do not use if you have severe allergies, autoimmune disease and/or immune system cancers or hormone imbalance.
- Do not if you are depressed, taking antidepressants or steroids.
- Not for continued use in healthy people.
- Should not be used by children unless under the supervision of a qualified health care practitioner.
- May cause side effects in some people.
Take 1 tablet 20 to 30 minutes prior to bedtime or as directed by your qualified healthcare professional.
|Serving Size: 1 Tablet|
|Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCl)||2 mg||100%|
|* Daily Value not established.|
Other Ingredients: Cellulose, calcium phosphate, carbomer, stearic acid (vegetable source) and magnesium stearate (vegetable source).
- No wheat, no gluten, no soybeans, no dairy, no egg, no fish/shellfish, no peanuts/tree nuts.