Floravital Iron + Herbs
8.5 FL OZ
Evergreen's Price: $24.30
Why do so many of us constantly feel tired or fatigued? Perhaps we are one of many suffering from iron deficiency – the single most prevalent nutrient deficiency worldwide. In fact, iron deficiency is the leading cause of fatigue among women between the time of menstruation and menopause (it is estimated that up to 26% of reproductive aged women are iron deficient). Adolescents and women of childbearing age need to regularly replace the iron that is eliminated through monthly blood loss. Demand during pregnancy also increases as iron is needed for proper placenta development and prevention of pre-term and low birth weight babies. In children and teenagers, a lack of iron is common due to poor eating habits, stress and growth spurts, and could influence behavior, learning ability and overall health. Endurance athletes and those who exercise regularly lose iron through sweat and the digestive tract, putting them at risk for deficiency and decreased stamina.
*Floravital provides the same benefits as Floradix Iron & Herbs, but in a yeast- and gluten- free formula:
- Clinically proven to effectively normalize low iron levels
- Helps renew vitality
- Each 20 ml serving satisfies the RDA for women of childbearing age
- Promotes the formation of healthy red blood cells
- Beneficial for pregnant and lactating women, athletes, the elderly and vegetarians or vegans
- Accidental overdose of iron-containing products is a leading cause of fatal poisoning in children under 6.
- Keep all iron supplement products safely out of reach of children.
- In case of accidental overdose, call a doctor or poison control center immediately.
- As with any dietary supplement, if you are on medication, pregnant or nursing a baby, seek the advice of a health professional before using this product.
- Iron supplements are contraindicated in persons suffering from infections.
- Postmenopausal women and adult men should not take an iron supplement unless instructed to by their health care professional.
- Liquid iron may in some instances cause surface staining to teeth. Rinse mouth with water or brush teeth immediately after consuming.
- Do not contaminate the formula by drinking directly from the bottle.
- To preserve the product and prevent its fermentation, keep refrigerated at all times after opening and consume within 4 weeks.
- Store upright!
Children (4 – 11 years old): Take 10 mL (mark on cap) once daily.
Shake bottle well before using. Take approx. 30 min. before meals.
|Serving Size: 10 mL (two teaspoons)|
|Total Carbohydrate||5 g||2%*|
|Thiamin (as thiamin hydrochloride)||2.25 mg||150%|
|Riboflavin (as riboflavin 5'phosphate sodium)||3.6 mg||210%|
|Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine hydrochloride)||1.8 mg||90%|
|Vitamin B12 (as cyanocobalamin)||6.75 mcg||110%|
|Iron (as ferrous gluconate)||10 mg||60%|
|Proprietary Blend||7.59 g||†|
|Aqueous extract from rose hips (Rosa canina L.), chamomile flowers, fennel fruit, and spinach leaves|
|Rosehips extract (from Rosa canina L.)|
|* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.|
|† Daily Values not established.|
Other Ingredients: Grape juice,* pear juice,* black currant juice, water, cherry juice,* blackberry juice,* carrot juice,* and ascorbic acid as antioxidant.
- Yeast and gluten free.
- Contains no alcohol, artificial colors or flavors, paragons, sorb ate or other antimicrobial agents.
- Vegan formula.