Floradix Iron + Herbs
$24.75 Sale $22.28
For In-Store Purchase Only
Why do so many of us constantly feel tired or fatigued? Perhaps we are one of many suffering from iron deficiency – the single most prevalent nutrient deficiency worldwide. In fact, iron deficiency is the leading cause of fatigue among women between the time of menstruation and menopause (it is estimated that up to 26% of reproductive aged women are iron deficient). Adolescents and women of childbearing age need to regularly replace the iron that is eliminated through monthly blood loss. Demand during pregnancy also increases as iron is needed for proper placenta development and prevention of pre-term and low birth weight babies. In children and teenagers, a lack of iron is common due to poor eating habits, stress and growth spurts, and could influence behavior, learning ability and overall health. Endurance athletes and those who exercise regularly lose iron through sweat and the digestive tract, putting them at risk for deficiency and decreased stamina.
Iron is an essential element for the body. It combines with copper and protein to make hemoglobin, a major component of red blood cells which transports oxygen from the lungs to all the tissues of the body. Iron is also needed throughout the body for adenosine triphosphate production (ATP). ATP is required for cellular energy and proper cell function. When iron is low, ATP production drops and energy levels decrease as a result.Although it is readily found in nature, iron is poorly absorbed and Floradix Iron & Herbs is specially designed to support healthy iron levels due to its maximum absorption ability.
- Floradix Iron & Herbs has been clinically proven to effectively normalize low iron levels.
- Each 20 ml serving satisfies the RDA for women of childbearing age.
- Promotes the formation of healthy red blood cells.
- Beneficial for pregnant and lactating women, athletes, the elderly and vegetarians.
- Do not contaminate the formula by drinking directly from the bottle.
- To preserve the product and prevent its fermentation, keep refrigerated at all times after opening and consume within 4 weeks.
- Accidental overdose of iron-containing products is a leading cause of fatal poisoning in children under 6.
- Keep this product out of reach of children.
- In case of accidental overdose call a doctor or poison control center immediately.
Shake bottle before using. Take approx. 30 min. before meals.
Adults (12 and over): 1 cap 10 ml mark twice daily.
Children (4 - 11 years old): 1 cap 10 ml mark once daily.
|Serving Size: 10 ml|
|Total Carbohydrate||5 g||2%*|
|Thiamin (as thiamin hydrochloride)||2.25 mg||150%|
|Riboflavin (as riboflavin 5'phosphate sodium)||3.6 mg||210%|
|Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine hydrochloride)||1.8 mg||90%|
|Vitamin B12 (as cyanocobalamin)||6.75 mcg||110%|
|Iron (as ferrous gluconate)||10 mg||60%|
|Proprietary Blend||6.046 g||†|
|Aqueous extract from carrot root, stinging nettle herb, spinach leaves, fennel fruit, couch grass root, kelp, hibiscus flowers|
|Yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae) extract|
|Rosehips extract (from Rosa canina L.)|
|Wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) germ extract|
|* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.|
|† Daily Values not established.|
Other Ingredients: Pear juice, water, grape juice, black currant juice, honey, orange juice, blackberry juice, cherry juice, red beet juice, ascorbic acid (as antioxidant) and natural flavor.
- Contains gluten and yeast.
- Contains honey.