Evergreen's Price: $58.00
Availability: Out of StockSorry, this item is out of Stock
Decreases Cortisol Levels & Provides Ingredients Important for Calm, Sleep, & Management of Blood Sugar*
Lagerstroemia speciosa (Banaba) leaf extract (2% corosolic acid): Corosolic acid selectively inhibits 11β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 1 (11β-HSD1), an enzyme that catalyzes the conversion of cortisone into cortisol (1,2).* In a randomized study, corosolic acid was shown to significantly lower blood glucose levels by 20-30% after two weeks (3).*
Phosphatidylserine: Component of cell membranes important for receptor-mediated interactions (4).* Phosphatidylserine is thought to interact with cell membranes in order to dampen hypothalamic signaling and regulate the stress response (5).*
Glycine: Major inhibitory neurotransmitter that crosses the blood-brain barrier (6).* Binds receptors that regulate temperature during sleep (7).*
Taurine: Neuroprotective amino acid that provides antioxidant protection and demonstrates GABA-A agonist activity (8-10).* GABA is the primary inhibitory neurotransmitter in the brain important for calm and sleep (11-13).
1. Rollinger J, et al. Bioorg Med Chem. 2010;18(4):1507-15.
2. Patel H, et al. Arabian Journal of Chemistry. 2015.
3. Judy W, et al. J Ethnopharmacol. 2003;87(1):115-7.
4. Monteleone P, et al. Eur J Clin Pharmacol. 1992;41:385-8.
5. Glade M and Smith K. Nutrition. 2015;31(6):781-6.
6. Kawai N, et al. Amino Acids. 2012;42(6):2129-37.
7. Kawai N, et al. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2015;40(6):1405-16.
8. Kumari N, et al. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2013;775:19-27.
9. Shimada K, et al. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2015;803:581-96.
10. Kletke O, et al. PLoS One. 2013;8(4):e61733.
11. Gou Z, et al. Dongwuxue Yanjiu. 2012;33(E5-6):E75-81.
12. Mohler H. Neuropharmacology. 2012;62(1):42-53.
13. Saper C, et al. Nature. 2005;437(7063):1257-63.
- Use under supervision of a licensed healthcare practitioner.
- If you are pregnant or nursing, consult your healthcare practitioner before use.
- KEEP AWAY FROM DIRECT SUNLIGHT.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Take 2 capsules one to two times daily or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
|Serving Size: 2 Capsules|
Lagerstroemia speciosa (Banaba) leaf extract (2% corosolic acid), Phosphatidylserine enriched soy lecithin*, Glycine, and Taurine
|† Daily Value (DV) not established.|
Other Ingredients: Vegetable capsule (Hypromellose, water), Microcrystalline cellulose, Magnesium stearate (vegetable source), Silicon dioxide. Contains lecithin from soy.
- Contains lecithin from soy.