Strontium, 680 mg
Evergreen's Price: $19.05
Strontium is a trace element that is chemically similar to calcium. It occurs naturally in seawater and soil and has been used therapeutically for over a century. (Do not confuse strontium citrate with radioactive strontium-90.) Strontium’s beneficial effect on bone density is believed to result from stimulation of new bone tissue while slowing the breakdown of old bone tissue and may be beneficial for people with osteoporosis. In several studies, women with osteoporosis took 680 mg of strontium daily and experienced an increase in bone density and reduced risk of fractures. Additionally, there is some evidence to suggest that strontium may improve cartilage metabolism and reduce dental carries, although more research is needed.
Strontium citrate is well-absorbed form, but it competes with calcium for absorption. So be sure to take strontium and calcium at least four hours apart. For example, calcium can be take with breakfast and/or lunch and strontium in the evening before retiring.
- If you have kidney problems or history of blood clots see a qualified health care professional before using this product.
- Keep your licensed health care practitioner informed when using this product.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Some people may experience mild gastrointestinal upset, including diarrhea.
- Use only as directed; take only the recommended dose.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Do not use if safety seal is broken or missing.
Use only as directed. Take two (2) tablets daily. Should be taken on an empty stomach, separate from calcium.
|Serving Size: 2 Tablets|
|Total Carbohydrate||0.5 g||<1%†|
|Dietary Fiber||0.7 g||3%†|
|Strontium (as Strontium Citrate)||680 mg||*|
|†Percent Daily Value based on a 2,000 calorie diet.|
|*Daily Value not established.|
Other Ingredients: Cellulose, silica, stearic acid.
- No ingredients other than those listed on this label have been added to this product.
- Suitable for Vegetarians.
This Nature's Life® product meets our Quality Assurance Procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices.