Bromelain 1,000 GDU
Evergreen's Price: $15.25
Bromelain is an enzyme found in raw pineapple, but not canned or cooked since it is destroyed by heat. When taken with meals bromelain acts as a digestive enzyme, breaking down proteins in our food. But when taken on an empty stomach this proteolytic (protein digesting) enzyme has anti-inflammatory activity, breaking down proteins involved in the inflammation process thereby reducing swelling and promoting healing. Bromelain is helpful for treating sports injuries, sprains and tendinitis, but it is also effective for sinusitis, prostatitis and possibly even rheumatoid arthritis.
Although bromelain may be substituted for pancreatic enzymes for those who wish to avoid animal products, if one is taking it for pancreatic insufficiency it is best to take bromelain with pancreatin and ox bile.
It is important to note that milligram amounts do not indicate the potency of enzymes, only weight. When measuring enzyme activity, look for indicators of bond breaking action like GDU (gelatin digesting units). Jarrow Formulas' Bromelain contains 1,000 GDU per tablet.
- DO NOT use if allergic to pineapples, honeybee stings or olive pollen.
- If you have a medical condition, are pregnant, lactating, trying to conceive, under the age of 18, or taking medications, consult your healthcare professional before using this product.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Bromelain may have slight blood thinning action, so consult a qualified health care practitioner if using anticoagulant medication.
Take 1 tablet 1 or 2 times per day or as directed by your qualified healthcare professional. Swallow quickly with a full glass of liquid.
|Serving Size: 1 Tablet|
|* Daily Value not established.|
|† GDU, Gelatin-Digesting Units|
Other Ingredients: Cellulose, calcium phosphate, maltodextrin, stearic acid (vegetable source), magnesium stearate (vegetable source), silicon dioxide and a food grade coating.
Quality Assurance: Purity of product assured by High Performance Liquid Chromatography.
- No wheat, no gluten, no soybeans, no dairy, no egg, no fish/shellfish, no peanuts/tree nuts.