Evergreen's Price: $31.90
Availability: Out of StockSorry, this item is out of Stock
- contains Siliphos® (the milk thistle flavonoid silybin bound to phosphatidylcholine – called a phytosome) for improved absorption over standard milk thistle extracts
- provides Meriva® (curcumin bound to phosphatidylcholine) for better absorption than straight curcumin
- picrorhiza to protect liver cells from the effects of toxic compounds
- artichoke helps the liver metabolize fats, providing benefit for fatty liver
- Meriva and Siliphos have been evaluated numerous clinical studies
Silybum marianum (milk thistle) has been used for centuries to support liver function. Silymarin's hepatoprotective effects are accomplished via several mechanisms, including antioxidation, inhibition of lipid peroxidation, enhanced liver detoxification via inhibition of phase I detoxification and enhanced glucuronidation, and protection of glutathione depletion. Siliphos consists of the most potent flavonoid in silymarin (silybin) bound to phosphatidylcholine for enhanced hepatoprotection and bioavailability.
Curcumin, an active flavonoid from turmeric, has potent antioxidant, hepatoprotective, and gastroprotective properties. Curcumin is bound to phosphatidylcholine in the highly bioavailable phytosome complex – Meriva. Cynara scolymus (artichoke) has a long history of use in hepatic support.
Picrorhiza is used in Ayurvedic medicine to optimize liver function. In studies, Picrorhiza extracts and their constituents protected liver cells from damage caused by carbon tetrachloride, aflatoxin B1, and acetaminophen. Picrorhiza acts as an antioxidant and inhibitor of lipid peroxidation in cell membranes, and it also increases bile flow. The hepatoprotective effects of Picrorhiza may be due to its antioxidant activity – inhibition of oxygen anion generation and free-radical scavenging. Like silymarin, Picrorhiza can stimulate liver regeneration, possibly via stimulation of nucleic acid and protein synthesis.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- T.A.P.S. contains curcumin phytosome and silybin phytosome, plant extracts complexed with phosphatidylcholine, which is derived from soy. Phosphatidylcholine contains no soy protein. There are no other soy-based ingredients in T.A.P.S.
- If pregnant, consult your health-care practitioner before using this product.
- Curcumin has been shown to reduce the therapeutic efficacy of cyclophosphamide (Cytoxan) in animal studies. In vitro research reveals curcumin decreased camptothecin-induced death of cultured breast cancer cells. Curcumin might also interfere with the absorption and efficacy of the chemotherapy drug irinotecan, used to treat colon cancer. The concurrent use of curcumin with these agents should be avoided.
|Serving Size: One Capsule|
|Per Serving||% DV|
|Artichoke extract (leaf) (Cynara scolymus)||125 mg||*|
|Curcumin Phytosome† (Curcuma longa extract (root)/Phosphatidylcholine complex)||125 mg||*|
|Picrorhiza extract (root) (Picrorhiza kurrooa)||125 mg||*|
|Silybin Phytosome† (Silybum marianum extract (fruit)/Phosphatidylcholine complex)||125 mg||*|
|*Daily Value (DV) not established.|
|†This product uses Indena S.p.A.'s curcumin phytosome (Meriva) and silybin phytosome (Siliphos).|
Other Ingredients:Microcrystalline Cellulose, Hypromellose (derived from cellulose) capsule, Leucine, Silicon Dioxide.
The information provided here is for educational purposes only. None of the research or evidence presented here is intended as a substitute for consulting an appropriate healthcare professional. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The products offered here are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you believe that you may have a disease condition, please consult your healthcare practitioner before using this or any other dietary supplement.
Although we do our best to keep this website current, always check the product label for the most up-to-date information since product changes may not be immediately updated on our website. Feel free to contact us if you notice any discrepancies. Thank you.