Red Hot Ceramics Neti Pot
Evergreen's Price: $17.00
- 100% lead-free, safe and non-toxic
- Fired with food-grade ceramic glazes
- Durable stoneware ceramics
- Lightweight and easy to use
- Holds 10 oz. of water
- Dishwasher safe
Using a neti pot:
- Relieves pain, pressure and congestion by liquefying the excess mucous in your nasal passages and flushing it out.
- Keeps the cilia (basically, tiny hairs) in your nasal passages moving so they flush out bacteria, allergens and other irritants. Congested or dry sinuses are a breeding ground for infection.
Sinus problems are caused by “a breakdown in the normal function and protective role of the nasal cavity,” explains University of Wisconsin Medical School Professor David Rabago, M.D. “The lining of the nasal cavity protects the upper respiratory system against infection by viruses and bacteria,” he says. “When the mucosa is inadequate to the task, sinus symptoms can result.” Research by Dr. Rabago suggests that nasal rinsing helps the nasal mucosa do its job.
Using a neti pot can easily fit into your daily cleansing routine. All it takes is a few short minutes — just like brushing your teeth. Gravity gently does the work of rinsing your sinuses for you — that’s the beauty of using a traditional neti pot like this.
NOTE: Colors may vary.
- Fill your neti pot just below lip with distilled or boiled water cooled to room temperature.
- Add a heaping ½ tsp. of mineral sea salt. Stir until thoroughly dissolved.
- Bend over sink and turn your head to one side.
- Keeping the pot level, place the spout into your top nostril until it fits snugly.
- Breathe through your mouth and slowly tip your head downward allowing warm water to travel up through your sinuses and out the other nostril.
- You may need to adjust the angle of your head slightly in order to allow the water to flow out the other nostril.
- Use half the water and repeat on the other side.
- Blow your nose gently (out of both nostrils simultaneously) to remove excess water and mucus.
- Once you’re done, it is helpful to bend over at the waist (with top of your head pointed towards floor) and exhale to release any trapped water.
The information provided here is for educational purposes only. None of the research or evidence presented here is intended as a substitute for consulting an appropriate healthcare professional. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The products offered here are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you believe that you may have a disease condition, please consult your healthcare practitioner before using this or any other dietary supplement.
Although we do our best to keep this website current, always check the product label for the most up-to-date information since product changes may not be immediately updated on our website. Feel free to contact us if you notice any discrepancies. Thank you.