Evergreen's Price: $21.30
Probiotics are beneficial organisms that inhabit our digestive tract. Supplemental probiotics help to balance and restore the intestinal floral. This is important because most of our immune system (70% or more) is closely tied to the digestive tract, the main place where our bodies come into direct contact with pathogens from the outside world. These beneficial organisms are part of our gut defense barrier that helps prevent food allergies, inflammation and leaky gut and they also enhance digestion and absorption as well as produce enzymes, nutrients and other beneficial substances that enhance our health as well theirs.
Here are a few of the benefits of the organisms in this formula:
- Lactobacillus acidophilus — This well-known microbe breaks down lactose (milk sugar), converts carbohydrates into lactic acid through fermentation (breaking down complex molecules), promotes bowel regularity and stimulates healthy immune response. It is helpful for diarrhea caused by antibiotics.
- L. lactis — This microorganism can be helpful for people with irritable bowel disease (IBD).
- L. reuteri — This strong ally for our immune system can be helpful for diarrhea and urogenital infections. It also helps maintain healthy oral health and may be useful for eczema.
- L. plantarum — This beneficial microbe has a high survival rate in a variety of ecological niches throughout the gastrointestinal tract including both aerobic and anaerobic environments. It can be helpful for people who suffer from colitis.
- Bifidobacterium bifidum — This organism is found mostly in the colon. It is especially active against candida and other yeast overgrowths. It is also helpful against E. coli.
Evergreen’s Multi-Flora Probiotic contains five different strains of beneficial bacteria with a guarantee of 8 billion active cells at the Best Buy date, but with 16 billion cells at time of manufacture.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- If you are pregnant, nursing or have a medical condition, consult your healthcare professional before using this product.
- Store in the refrigerator at all times, before and after opening.
Take 1 capsule per day or as directed by a healthcare professional.
|Serving Size: 1 Capsule|
|Per Serving:||% DV:|
|LactobacilIus acidophilus (grown on lactose )||4 Billion cells||*|
|Lactobacillus lactis||500 Million cells||*|
|Lactobacillus reuteri||500 Million cells||*|
|Lactobacillus plantarum||2 Billion cells||*|
|Bifidobacterium bifidum||(grown on soy) 1 Billion cells||*|
|* Daily Value not established.|
Other Ingredients: Jerusalem artichoke (Helianthus tuberosus), vegetable capsule (modified cellulose), cellulose, medium chain triglycerides, water.
- CONTAINS NO artificial colors, flavors or preservatives; no wheat, gluten, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, crustacean shellfish or fish.