Psyllium Husks Veg Caps
Evergreen's Price: $13.50
There are many reasons why psyllium husks are a part of daily health maintenance for millions of people. Extensive research has shown that psyllium husks help maintain normal cholesterol levels, including a proper balance of HDL and LDL cholesterol.
In addition, psyllium husks help promote normal regularity. Unlike stimulant laxatives, psyllium husks are gentle and are not habit forming. Psyllium husks’ bulking action makes elimination easier and more comfortable. At the same time, psyllium sweeps waste and toxins more quickly out of the body, so toxins are not reabsorbed from the colon back into the bloodstream. Psyllium husks can be taken either with or between meals, and when used in recommended amounts should not interfere with absorption of vitamins and other nutrients. Gluten-Free: psyllium husks do not contain any gluten so people who are gluten sensitive can use them.
- Do not take capsules if you have difficulty in swallowing.
- A very small percentage of individuals, particularly health care providers who have been occupationally exposed to psyllium dust, may develop a sensitivity to psyllium. This sensitivity may result in an allergic reaction.
- If you experience a strong reaction, with difficulty in swallowing or breathing after taking this product, seek immediate medical attention.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- California residents only: Proposition 65 WARNING: This product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
- As with all bulking fiber supplements, do to take within 1 to 2 hours of prescription medications. If you are taking medication or are under a doctor's care, consult a health professional before use.
- Tamper evident: Do not use this product if printed band around cap or seal under cap is broken or missing.
- Store below 86ºF (30ºC). Keep tightly closed to protect from humidity.
Adults and children over 12: 4-5 capsules, 1 to 3 times a day. Take with food.
For children 6-12: Do not take capsules. Psyllium Husks in powder form is recommended for ease of use.
Start by taking 1 serving each day. Gradually increase to 3 servings per day if needed. Swallow one capsule at a time. Take each serving with at least 8 ounces (a full glass) of water or other liquid. Drinking additional liquid is helpful. If minor gas or bloating occurs, reduce the amount you take until your system adjusts. For best results, use daily as long as desired.
For Regularity: Psyllium husks promote easy, healthy elimination and sweep waste out of the colon more quickly. To maintain regularity and speed waste removal, take 4 capsules 1 to 3 times a day, with meals.
For Heart Health: To help support heart health, take 5 capsules 3 times a day, with meals.
|Serving Size: 4 Capsules|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate||2.2 g||<2%|
|Dietary Fiber||2.2 g||9%|
|Soluble Fiber||1.8 g|
|Insoluble Fiber||0.4 g|
|Psyllium Seed Husks||†|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.|
|†Daily Values not established.|
Ingredients: Psyllium seed husks, cellulose capsule. Note: The carbohydrate in this product is primarily non-digestible fiber; digestible carbohydrate is less than 1/2 gram per serving.
- Gluten free
- Contains no animal products.