Basic Nutrients V
Evergreen's Price: $44.85
- contains well-absorbed calcium and magnesium citrate and malate minerals
- provides tissue-ready folate as 5-MTHF for those with methylation problems or poor conversion of folate to its active form
- provides the active, readily usable forms of vitamins B6 and B2
- features trace minerals exclusively available from Thorne Researcg as picolinates and the optimally absorbable chromium nicotinate glycinate chelate
The keystone of every nutritional product line is a multiple vitamin-mineral supplement. At Thorne, we believe this is the starting point for every individual's supplementation needs and that these products should contain all the essential nutrients. We also believe that by using the purest, most bioavailable raw materials – those without unnecessary additives and preservatives – every individual's outcome will be optimized.
Why should everyone take a multiple vitamin-mineral supplement?
Nutrition experts agree that, due to the state of the current food supply and because few Americans eat the recommended five servings daily of health-giving fruits and vegetables, a multiple vitamin-mineral formulation should be taken daily. Even the Journal of the American Medical Association, not known as a supporter of dietary supplements, has finally agreed that everyone should take a multi. A multi could be considered "dietary insurance," a small price to pay to be sure you get all the essential nutrients daily, even if you don't eat right.* Even greater health benefits can be realized if you eat a healthy diet in addition to taking a multi.
Basic Nutrients V, Thorne Research's most advanced Basic Nutrients formula, provides a comprehensive multi with calcium, magnesium, and potassium bound to citrate-malate – the most soluble and absorbable of these mineral chelates. Basic Nutrients V contains vitamin K1 and copper, but no iron or iodine, for those not needing supplemental iron (like young men) or who are sensitive to iodine. Basic Nutrients V also contains a full range of trace minerals and a full scope of highly absorbed vitamin co-factors.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- If pregnant, consult your health-care practitioner before using this product.
- As vitamin K interferes with the effect of anticoagulant drugs (like Coumadin), the concurrent use of these agents should be avoided.
- Folinic acid and 5-methyl-tetrahydrofolate supplementation is not recommended concurrently with methotrexate cancer therapy, as they can interfere with methotrexate's anti-neoplastic activity; however, these folate sources have not been shown to interfere with the anti-inflammatory activity of methotrexate. An individual taking methotrexate for psoriasis or rheumatoid arthritis can safely take a supplement containing folate.
|Serving Size: Six Capsules|
|Per Serving||% DV|
|Vitamin A (12,500 IU from Mixed Carotenes and 2,500 IU Palmitate)||15,000 IU||300%|
|Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid)||850 mg||1,417%|
|Vitamin D (as Vitamin D3)||1,000 IU||250%|
|Vitamin E (as d-Alpha-Tocopheryl)||400 IU||1,333%|
|Vitamin K (as Vitamin K1)||100 mcg||125%|
|Thiamine (as Thiamine HCl)||40 mg||2,667%|
|Riboflavin (as Riboflavin 5'-Phosphate Sodium)||11 mg||647%|
|Niacin (130 mg as Niacinamide and 30 mg as Niacin)||160 mg||800%|
|Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxal 5'-Phosphate)||10 mg||500%|
|Folate (500 mcg as Calcium Folinate and 500 mcg as L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolate from L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolic Acid, Glucosamine Salt)||1 mg||250%|
|Vitamin B12 (225 mg as Adenosylcobalamin and 225 mcg as Methylcobalamin)||450 mcg||7,500%|
|Pantothenic Acid (as Calcium Pantothenate)||413 mg||4,130%|
|Calcium (as Calcium Citrate-Malate)||300 mg||30%|
|Magnesium (as Magnesium Citrate-Malate)||285 mg||71%|
|Zinc (as Zinc Picolinate)||15 mg||100%|
|Selenium (as L-Selenomethionine)||200 mg||286%|
|Copper (as Copper Picolinate)||1.5 mg||75%|
|Manganese (as Manganese Picolinate)||6 mg||300%|
|Chromium (as Chromium Chelidamate Arginate)||200 mcg||167%|
|Molybdenum (as Molybdenum Picolinate)||100 mcg||133%|
|Potassium (as Potassium Citrate-Malate)||90 mg||3%|
|Choline Citrate||100 mg||*|
|Boron (as Boron Picolinate)||3 mg||*|
|Vanadium (as Vanadium Picolinate)||100 mcg||*|
|*Daily Value (DV) not established.|
Other Ingredients:Hypromellose (derived from cellulose) capsule, Leucine, Silicon Dioxide.
The information provided here is for educational purposes only. None of the research or evidence presented here is intended as a substitute for consulting an appropriate healthcare professional. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The products offered here are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you believe that you may have a disease condition, please consult your healthcare practitioner before using this or any other dietary supplement.
Although we do our best to keep this website current, always check the product label for the most up-to-date information since product changes may not be immediately updated on our website. Feel free to contact us if you notice any discrepancies. Thank you.